Day 10.


On our way back from Leens we stopped to have a look at "Oosterhouw".The house where the poet C.O.(Cor) Jellema had lived together for 20 years with Klaas Noordhuis.The house where Klaas now lives with Hans Christiaan Klasema.

2 years ago my neighbour Ellen borrowed me a book made by Christiaan with the title: Maaltijd (Translatecd: Meal).
It was about the meals cooked at Oosterhouw.
Not a recipebook, but a more philosophical approach to food with 4 recipes.

I remember I did read it in bed,when Bram was staying in the hospital.
It was different.
Beautiful photo's.
Beautiful words.
The book did set itself in my mind.
I had not forgotten while staying here in Groningen

I stopped the car to have a look at the house.
While staring at the house a man -Klaas- came out, and we started talking.
He invited me and Birgitta in to have a look at the garden.
We entered the Barockgarden in front of the house.
Take your time and walk around.
No need to hurry.

We entered.

I got lost in a world I had never seen before.
Very moving.

So different from formal gardens.
The Landscape garden.
Architectural garden
Romantic forest with Japanese influences.

Grow and let go.
Speechless I was for moments.
A garden full with different layers.
Lush,and all shades of green.
Every corner was a surprise.
A dreamworld it was.

My imagination started running.
I had entered this world full of dreams and memories.
And a memory was made at that moment.



Later.
We where invited to have a drink on the terrace at the back of the house.
Talked with Klaas and met up with Christiaan.
Water and a slice of watermellon.
I bought the books and we left.
Bram couldn't come with us, but I hope we can go together the coming weeks.

I took a lot of pictures..
Here are some...
But in real it is so much more..


























Reacties

  1. WTF, Vietnam gezien maar dit niet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! decadente nicht ben ik!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

About Dutch Fishermans Ganseys..and a bit More..

Crushed by Jean Paul Gaultier....