Christmas Holiday...At last....

No, I don't want to complain, but I am just happy that the holiday has started. 
I am tired, really tired from everything which has happened over the last few months. Work was busy and here at home things got slightly more difficult. 
But we manage sofar...despite the fact that Bram gets weaker..

I know how it will end (we all know don't we?!), but the uncertainty of it all is sometimes hard to deal with for the both of us. 
There is always fear inside me..
I always get a little nervous when my phone rings while at work.

His energy is very low. Sometimes when friends come for a coffee and a chat it can be too much for him, and than he has to go upstairs to take a rest and calm down. Sleep doesn't help for this kind of tiredness. He is tired even after he wakes up in the morning. Without the help of the care of the "Homecare Angels" I am sure he could not stay at home anymore.
I try to keep positive and try to do everything with love. I don't mind caring. After all he is my greatest Love. 
When we got married I promised: 
for better for worse, for richer for poorer and in sickness and in health. 
So that is what we do... (Gosh, why am I crying now?)

While in Utrecht last week we found and beautiful art project among the canal from the city. 
It is called: De letters van Utrecht
We walked among this and found it very touching..it came very close to my heart..
Within the situation I am living right now,those kind of things can give comfort and strength..

Here are 2 parts...
All of them can be found on the website.










Translated: In our story we naturally disappear and only you are left...

 And another part...





Translated: The world is your itinerary.
I had the plan of writing a longer post...
about Xmas presents I got...
but that will be in my next post..
soon...very soon..

Reacties

  1. It's time to relax... Really.
    Misschien dat Bram geen energie meer heeft, maar je moet ook om jezelf denken; anders zijn jouw batterijen zometeen ook leeg.
    De tekst is prachtig. Daar is goed over nagedacht en waarschijnlijk zelf beleefd door de kunstenaar.

    Ik wens jullie allebei een heerlijke kerst en een goed nieuwjaar.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love to read your blog, Jan, but as time goes on I am sometimes a little to afraid to open it for fear of bad news about Bram. I still want to wish you both a very merry christmas and a happy new year, and also the strength you need for the time to come. And as Monique says, think about yourself, too (and I know how hard that is), and enjoy the time you have together as best you can.
    Take care,

    Sue

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

About Dutch Fishermans Ganseys..and a bit More..

Crushed by Jean Paul Gaultier....