Simple Pleasure 2

Whenever I am in England or Ireland I start drinking tea with milk. At home I never pour milk in my tea.
In the cottage I found a big bag with porridge oats. 3 days ago I started my day with a big bowl porridge. Warm and soothing. Real comfortfood.

1 cup of oats, 2 cups of water and 1 cup of milk and 6 minutes on the stove is all it takes. Some sugar sprinkled on top with a little lump of butter. The butter melts and forms with the sugar pools of indulgence mixed with the warm porridge.

I don't think I will make it at home, but here it is the perfect food to start the day with.


Reacties

  1. Oooooooo het water loopt me door de mond! Altijd als wij in Great Britain of Ireland zijn neem ik 's ochtends Porridge. Heb het al in verschillende variaties gehad.
    In Glen Coe deden ze over de porridge een scheutje wiskey, waar door de hitte de alcohol uit vervloog maar zo lekker rook! Een hartverwarmend begin van de dag, zo'n pap.

    Lekker eten,

    Tijm

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

About Dutch Fishermans Ganseys..and a bit More..

Crushed by Jean Paul Gaultier....