A month passed by...

Yes, a month ago I did write my last entry and loads of things have happened in the last 4 weeks or so. Busy as usual at the end of the schoolyear with nice things as fashion shows and presentations of happy students and things as meetings, arguing which takes a lot of energy and sometimes give a negative feeling.. But holiday is slightly appearing at the horizon and in 3 weeks I am now staying on the Shetland Isles for 4 weeks. As mentioned: we had a fashionshow and as ususal I was the ladyspeaker (strange name by the way!!) and 2 collections brought almost tears in my eyes. One was from a student who was born in Afghnistan and came as a refugee to Holland. She had made an eveningcollection made from Burka's which she imported from Afghanistan. It was almost a political statement when she took of her burka in which she stood behind during the show. I was very touched by it. She is a wonderfull student who told me alot about her life in Afghanistan and what this collection ment for her.. The other collection was made by a student who's famliy comes from Indonesia and she used old antique sarongs from her grandmother to make a stunning collection which was also a tribute to her grandmotherwho had passed away There was also more to see as my 3th year students showed in a Balkan inspired theme with bodywarmers made from recycled fabrics (we really had to laugh when they performed it for the first time and everybody in hte audience started clapping...) and a slick theme with grey suits.. It is always a joy to see my students showing off their designed garments and I always feel proud and touched by them. So that was over and than the next project turned up for our teachers which was the result of the task: pimp your teacher..... My very talented student Bas Timmer designed and made a coat from old Dutch used postbags and it is such a good coat for me. He asked me because I was kind of a challenge for him and he the moment I tryed it on on it felt very good and comfy and I feel really good in it. Will have to knit a nice scarf with it for the coming winter.... We had a photoshoot in the studio and the result is here: And for the rest... of course there is more to be told but.... time for tea now.. and some things I have to keep in my mind: I have to keep calm the coming weeks. I have to meditate more regulary I am going to knit a little to keep my mind calm I am going to enjoy those last 2 weeks..... Will write soon X Jan P.s. Photo's are made by my collegues Riky and Onno P.s Current knitting: socks, socks, socks... and much more on the needles

Reacties

  1. Complimenten aan jouw studenten Jan! Ik hoop eens in de gelegenheid te zijn een show te bezoeken.

    Groetjes
    Inge

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

About Dutch Fishermans Ganseys..and a bit More..

Crushed by Jean Paul Gaultier....