Yes......I am on..

After many hours of thinking I decided to start a blog.Don't know yet if I publish regulary but.. let's give it a try and share some moments and thoughts with you all in cyberspace. The main theme is ofcourse: Knitting because for many years now that is my real adiction. I usually knit everyday which sometimes feels like meditating. But after following a course of Mindfullness I have started meditating which something New to me. Usually I meditate before going to bed and since the moment I have started I have the idea that I sleep better. But.. I think I have to start by telling something personal about myself. Name:Jan ter Heide, 50 years of age (can't believe I am that old ;-). Living in Deventer (NL). Married to Bram after being together for almost 25 years, proud grandfather from grandson Jim. Profession: teacher fashiondesign at a high and medium level Fashion college in Enschede. Artist together with artist in crime: Evelien Verkerk ( www.werkvanterheideverkerk.nl or www.knittedlandscape.com) Favourite holiday destinations: Ireland, England, Scandinavia, Italy. The coming summer we will stay 4 weeks on the Shetland Islands. Work often brings me also to various destination (Scotland, Poland,Finland, Hungary, Lithuania, Slovakia etc.) because I am in charge of International schoolprojects. My childhood was spend in Zutphen (about 20 km from Deventer) Father was a salesman for bicycles and mother was doing the household job. 2 brothers older than me an both working in Education. I have studied at 2 Higher Level Edcation Institutes (Social Cultural Studies and Art school) and the combination of teacher and artist works well for me. More about me will probably come the coming months when this blog will develop further. Last week and this week (till wednesday) is holiday. Last week I was for 4 days in Slovakia to work on a 2 days project about Lessons in Happiness on a gymnasium in Puchov which was great fun to do. Because it is holiday we usually go somewhere for a day and last saturday we went to Bram's Native -soil in Breezand (North in North Holland). A bit sentimental and touching, but a great day with a visit to the graveyard where his parents lie, the museum of Anna Paulowna, and Tulipfields all over. So on and on a lovely day with plenty of sunshine and a real holiday-feeling (took me a while to get the photos'on the right place but...) This afternoon we are going to see a little babygirl named Sascha so I have knitted this weekend a pair of Saartjes booties for her in red and pink cotton and together with a t-shirt with the text 100% Love I think it is a nice gift. The other 1 is for another baby girl just born.. Well, that's all for now....

Reacties

  1. Hi!

    Welkom in Blogland, mooie header, en schattige booties!
    Ik hoop veel van je te lezen overhere!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Welcome to the world of Knit Blogging...I'll be interested to follow your works here. Your meditation rock pile is a perfect blog picture.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Yay! Glad to see you on here! :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. May the blogging bring a lot of satisfaction to you and may it be an inspiration to others!

    I wish I found a cairn with knitting on top like that, I would like to copy this on the occasion...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. A new blog to ad to my "blog-read-list"
    Welcome and I am looking forward to future posts with lots of pictures from my homeland. ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Geweldig Jan! Veel plezier en interessante reacties/ontmoetingen op je stekje in cyberspace.

    Fantastic Jan! Have fun and lots of interesting reactions/meetings in your own little spot in cyberspace.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Hallo Jan,

    De derde in de familie met een blog.
    Mooi werk.
    Succes met vervolgblocs.

    Pa

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. 7 mei 2009/

    RECTIFICATIE.

    Succes met vervolgblogs.

    Pa

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Hello Jan! I look forward to reading your meditations!

    Leanne (Yarn bombing)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. ha die Jan!
    sinds kort ben ik ook weer aan het sokken breien geslagen.
    met een rondbreinaald nog wel!
    foto is mijn eerste kindje.

    groet van mieke uut battum

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

About Dutch Fishermans Ganseys..and a bit More..

Crushed by Jean Paul Gaultier....